A visit to Believeland

You may have heard, but in case you missed it: the CLEVELAND CAVALIERS are the new champions of the NBA and have ended a 52 year drought of any major championships for the city (I say 'major' because the Cleveland Force of the now defunct Major Indoor Soccer League won a couple of championships back in the 1980s). I am a Clevelander out in the diaspora and have only been able to share my joy through Facebook comments and phone conversations with my brother. If the victory has piqued your interest in my hometown, there is a lot to do, and I'm not going to cover everything, but enough to give you a sense of what's there.

The Home of Superman: Superman was created by two kids from Glenville Joe Schuster and Jerry Siegel. The area has some nice markers.



Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: it can be spendy for a family, and there are things I would like to see done differently, but no question music history is represented with great costumes, instruments, exhibits on Elvis, Jimi Hendrix and a display from Pink Floyd's "The Wall". My brother and I visited a few years ago and had a great time.

My brother with legendary rock writer, Jane Scott
Exhibit of my favorite band, Genesis





















Public Square: home to the Soldiers and Sailors monument (seen in the opening scenes in A Christmas Story) and the Terminal Tower.

That's enough for now, but I leave you with this image:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All aboard to Marrakech

Flying Solo

Barcelona - the first two days