So much to do, so little time

I'm not going anywhere soon, but my little brother (he's 22, so maybe not 'little' anymore) will be visiting next month. He hasn't been here since he was about 11 or 12 and now that he's older, there's so much more we can do besides go to Camp Snoopy and the Science Museum (nothing wrong with either of those, but I'm just saying). I'm a planner, and I'm trying to plan; he's not a planner and he wants to see how things go. Oh, this will be fun. I'm meeting him and our mom in Rockford, IL for the hand-off on July 4; whether I drive back that night or early the next morning will depend on how we're feeling. Then we'll see what's what. My thought is a day downtown and over to the Sculpture Garden for some good pics and a nice walk; maybe also over to the Stone Arch Bridge. I'd love to take him to Hell's Kitchen for lunch or dinner, I think he'd really like the vibe and the food. Maybe walk through the skyway over to Target Field and over to the new football stadium. The next day drive over to the Mall of America for some reminiscing, although it has changed so much since he was last here, new restaurants, new rides, new stores and no sales tax on clothes. We can probably squeeze in a couple of movies. Oh and we have the Adele concert on the 6th; that was the whole reason for him coming out here, we both really like her music, and I was lucky enough to get tickets through a friend of mine. Then on that Friday we are heading to Chicago for the Sting/Peter Gabriel concert on Saturday. I guess what I'm saying is, stay tuned for some concert reviews and reviews and stories on our visit together. It will be a whirlwind, but we're going to have a blast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All aboard to Marrakech

Flying Solo

Barcelona - the first two days