Mission accomplished: the rest of the pianos, sort of


I have averaged over 11,000 steps a day since I started on this little project. On Wednesday I walked down near the river and the Guthrie Theater, the Mill City Ruins and back to the office at 2nd Avenue and 6th Street. After I was ready to head back, I looked up and saw my building and thought, well, hell, Gladys, what did you get yourself into? I wasn't lost, it just seemed so far away, when in reality, it was just about a mile. Today (Thursday) was really frustrating. I had hoped to finish this list with a visit to Fulton Brewery, but between me not following or completely understanding the directions from my GPS and getting totally turned around in the North Loop, it took me about twenty minutes longer to find my goal. Then on the return, I was like a salmon swimming upstream against the crowd of Twins fans (yes THE CROWD) going to the game. And then, I botched the picture, which I didn't even realize until I got back to the office. I felt like Charlie Brown when Lucy pulls the football. Good grief. The good news is it shouldn't take me too long to find it again tomorrow. Please no rain. It has just been the last two days when I have had to head towards the river where I really lost my sense of direction, otherwise, it's been pretty straightforward. If you have time, if you're out this weekend for Pride or just checking out downtown, you can easily find 8-10 of them, here's the link to the map: http://www.keys44kids.org/pianos-on-parade.


American Academy of Neurology (near the Guthrie)

The Bachelor Farmer
Minneapolis Skyline, AT&T Tower


The City Center

Target Field
THE FINAL PIANO dun dun dun
Well this is embarrassing and disappointing - yesterday, I made it to The Fulton Brewery for the last piano. For some reason, I only took one photo and that's it, the one that looks like I was taste-testing at the brewery. The second picture is the one I took today before the brewery opened. I never checked, I guess I just figured they would be open around lunch time. The cover was fastened and I didn't think it would be a good idea to take it off. I met my goal, visit all the pianos, but I'm not really happy about the last photo, so I will try again next week. 
Er, were you drinking?

The early bird may get the worm, but not the piano. Better luck next time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All aboard to Marrakech

Flying Solo

Barcelona - the first two days