Wrapping up 2019 Pianos on Parade with three new locations

I put over 15,000 steps on my pedometer today walking out to The Basilica of St. Mary on 17th Street, and Minneapolis Community and Technical College and then all the way over to the First Covenant Church. Of course, it was probably the hottest day of the summer so far, but probably better than rain. I think I have located all of the pianos. I liked the new locations and some of the designs were very creative. In spite of the construction and detours downtown, I enjoyed tracking them down.  Until next year then.



At the Basilica of St. Mary, 17th & Hennepin
 This piano had it going on all over, the back, the sides, the seat. It is at 1501 Hennepin on the campus of the Minneapolis Community and Technical College. It was quiet and cool, away from the busyness of Hennepin Avenue.








Two young people were playing this piano at the Convention Center.

 This was the last one on the list. It's on the side of the First Church of the Covenant, a new location for 2019, near Hennepin County Medical Center and not too far from US Bank Stadium. Not a soul was around at 3:30 on a Friday.

I hope you've enjoyed this annual scavenger hunt through downtown Minneapolis. I look forward to next June (although I'm not trying to rush our all too short summer). Stay cool and Happy 4th of July.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All aboard to Marrakech

Flying Solo

Barcelona - the first two days