Wrapping up: Bear Country USA, Deadwood and Pipestone, MN

 I was skeptical about Bear Country USA, and was tempted to nix it, but I am glad we went. We saw more wildlife, some animals we had not seen on our drives through the Badlands and Custer State Park. We had another beautiful day and I think I got some great pictures. You tell me.









Dinner time





We started the drive home by heading back to Deadwood. I was hoping I would like it better in the daylight. I really wanted to go to the Mt. Moriah Cemetery where Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane are buried, as are many other past citizens of Deadwood. The cemetery is on a hill, so there is potentially a lot of walking, depending on where you park and how much you want to see. It's $2 a person; please don't be a douchebag and ask if there is a discount. 




The next day, we were back in Minnesota, and somehow left all the gorgeous sunshine behind us, and we had cold, windy and wet. Pipestone National Monument has been on my list to visit for sometime now, and my friend/navigator pointed us in that direction. To be fair, it was a gray day and the middle of autumn, so I'm sure it looks completely different in the height of the summer. It was still quite dramatic, and if you use your imagination, you can picture Native Americans quarrying the pipestone and maybe bison in the distant fields. 





Since we were so close, we made a trip to 'my' town. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All aboard to Marrakech

Flying Solo

Barcelona - the first two days