Crumpets and scones and jam, oh my


Here's the thing, I cannot fight with this dumb machine anymore, so I am going to give you just a little narrative and then just give you a few photos. Less aggravating all round. Today was a full day of driving around the vast Lake District, a lot more lakes, meres, waters and such. It was a wet mix with hints of the sun, but not much. We went to the Castlerigg Circle, which is sort of like Stonehenge, but only because it's got stones in a circle and nobody really knows how or why they are there. The landscape really is amazing, hills and dales, rivers, streams, lakes, sheep, lots of sheep, miles and miles of stone walls. The roads are ridiculously narrow and windy, yet filled with walkers/hikers, cyclists, cars, lorries, the odd sheep, and it's all pretty harmonious. We made a stop in the village of Grasmere, home to William Wordsworth and his family. I would have loved to stop in Dove Cottage, but there wasn't time. Somewhere I get the feeling that Dr. Clancy is looking down disappointed. It's the thought that counts. Admittedly, the photos are not up to my standard, and I feel terrible that I didn't quite capture the magnitude and beauty of the area. Sorry.
 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All aboard to Marrakech

Flying Solo

Barcelona - the first two days