Tickling the ivories: The Convention Center to Washington and points in between

We've had a few rainy days, which makes it hard to hunt pianos, but persistence is rewarded. I think I have five more pianos to go, and I feel confident that with the better descriptions of locations, sometimes including an actual address, I will hit 100% before the end of the month. Last year, I had to miss out on two (I think) because I could not figure out where they are. There are a lot of nooks and crannies in the city. I hope you enjoy the pianos; perhaps I could do a better job of showing the surroundings, but sometimes, it's not that spectacular. There have been at least three, possibly more, Prince-themed pianos, which I totally dig, but there is a lot of music that is Twin Cities based or maybe some outstate Minnesota themes (Judy Garland is from Grand Rapids, MN or the Jolly Green Giant, or something). I have come across a lot more people playing the pianos than in the past. Hopefully you'll get a chance to see them for yourself if you are in the area.







Minneapolis Convention Center

Lakes and Legends on LaSalle

Outside The Brave New Workshop on a rainy Tuesday

New location this year 222 Hennepin Avenue


Another new location, MacPhail Center for Music


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All aboard to Marrakech

Flying Solo

Barcelona - the first two days