Pianos on Parade - around Hennepin and Nicollet Avenues

Thursday was a beautiful summer day in Minneapolis. A great day to walk around, maybe check out a food truck or a stall at the farmer's market, or maybe find someone playing a piano. I love the lid on the piano at the Hennepin County Government Center; many of the pianos have designs on the side, but I don't recall seeing too many with such a bold design on top. I love this. There are several new locations this year, and one is in the little park at St. Olaf's Church. There was someone playing, but there was horrible construction noise all around, so there was no sense in trying to record him. Of course Prince is on a piano (and actually more than one in some fashion or other), and I love the one at Kieran's. I think I have roughly half of the pianos accounted for, perhaps a little more. Maybe a trip to Loring Park tomorrow for the three or four out that way. If it doesn't rain.

Hennepin County Government Center



Thrivent Financial

St. Olaf Church

Minneapolis Public Library

Bloch Cancer Survivors Park


Kieran's

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All aboard to Marrakech

Flying Solo

Barcelona - the first two days