Hasta pronto Monteverde

 I guess the day had to come, but I was kind of dreading it. And knowing what I know now, that I would return to cold and wet and snow, I would have stayed longer. Monteverde Lodge and Gardens was full of beautiful flowers, birds and a couple furry friends. 




The picture looks like I'm really close, but I was a safe distance away. I believe this is a coati, and I saw a couple of them during my stay. It took several distant encounters before I got these photos and video.


El Jardin, the restaurant at the lodge, has a wonderful downstairs seating area that is full of orchids. They were all different varieties, and pardon my ignorance, but I had no idea there were so many varieties and shades of pinks and purples. There is an orchid garden in town, but after I saw all of these, and could enjoy them whenever I wanted, I didn't feel the need. If you're a real afficionado, then you might want to visit there as well.







All of the following photos were taken while I was waiting for the shuttle bus back to San Jose. I have said it before, sometimes all you have to do is look around you, up and down.




When I took this photo, I really did not know I was going to get the ass end, I don't even remember taking it.

I could not verify what this little critter was. 

After this peaceful and nature-filled morning, I was picked up by a shuttle, quite full of people, and we set off towards San Jose. My trip to Monteverde was about 3 hours, a little more; the trip to San Jose, via a different route, was about 6. I don't want to say I was near tears, because that is far too dramatic for me, but I was pretty much at the end of my tether by the time we got to my hotel, which was the last frigging stop. But it was nice to be back at Hotel Presidente, and somewhat familiar grounds. The next morning was off to COVID testing and the airport, and home.

This was probably taken around 6:30/7:00 from the hotel restaurant on the roof. That sky was amazing.
Waiting at the gate with what seemed like a hundred teenagers. The view outside was beautiful with the volcanoes and blue sky (I am writing this after days of wind and wet weather making me sad). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All aboard to Marrakech

Flying Solo

Barcelona - the first two days