Minneapolis in the morning - building art

Last summer, I wandered around Minneapolis looking for pianos, which was so much fun; then in the autumn, I was on a quest for decorative manhole covers, and that fun, but frustrating since several had been removed due to the neverending construction on Nicollet Mall. This winter, I made up a new challenge, looking for lost mittens and hats; it was entertaining, but didn't really fill my artistic soul. So, I decided to focus on the art around and above me. Some of the photos are just advertisements on older buildings that I've been looking at for years, and bring a certain amount of je ne sais quoi. (I have no idea what is happening, but the layout of the photos is goofy, sorry.)
Does that say McDonald Bros. Bldg?
Rosenthal Furniture on N. 5th St.
Behind Rosenthal, the old Pickled Parrot sign (restaurant long gone)
Nate's Clothing, 1st Ave., 92 years in Minneapolis, but not anymore

$14 a week is a great deal, across from Target Center
Minnesota's own, Bob Dylan
Can't read this, I'll try better, near Target Center
Schmitt's music wall.
The back of Gluek's
The iconic 1st Ave, with the Pantages sign in the background
Hotel deVille? I can't make it out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All aboard to Marrakech

Flying Solo

Barcelona - the first two days