Snow Town

They love their snow up in Snow Town. Hiking, skating, skiing, playing in the snow. Vendors set up their little stalls selling frozen fruit dipped in a sugar syrup; very delicious. That first picture is my bed, I think it was 10 feet long; the seven dwarves could have slept side by side.




The highlight of the day was going up Yangcao Mountain via a jeep/Humvee type of vehicle, which are made for the off-roading conditions; and then via snowmobile to the top. Um, I have never held onto a man so tightly in my life, and you can take that to the bank. Ooh my. Even though I have lived in Minnesota for 25 years, I have never been on a snowmobile before, and now I can say, I don't need to again. But, it was an experience, and this whole trip has been about the experiences. As seems typical in Harbin, where there's snow, there are activities. Tubing, eating, hiking. The view was beautiful; it's suggested to get up there for sunrise, but that was not even a possibility for me, sadly. On the way down, the driver of the jeep like thing had me sit in the front seat, and being the rule follower that I am, I buckled up, also, because I wasn't so sure that I wouldn't fall out on one of those bumps. He started to speak to me, and I employed the look I use when IT people talk to me (huh, I don't understand); he started gesticulating and laughing, and a couple of the people in the back laughed. I had no idea, but I found out, he wanted to take a picture. After we landed, I mean stopped, I was getting out and he made the universal sign for taking a picture, and so we did. He had a friend take a picture of the crazy lady in the bright orange jacket and him, we shook hands and I headed down to the car. THAT was a great memory.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All aboard to Marrakech

Flying Solo

Barcelona - the first two days