Winter Adventure in Asia

This time last year, I was in Iceland. I haven't been sitting around, I was England for a week in March and since then I have been busily planning my next big trip: two weeks in Asia. The main impetus for the trip is the Winter and Ice Festival in Harbin, China. Someone asked why I wasn't going in the summer...um, because it's the winter festival? Since I was headed in that direction, I added on stops to Tokyo and Seoul. It has been an education planning for these destinations because I'm not as familiar with those cities as I am with others, but it's also exciting. I'm not sure my allotted days are going to be enough, but I'll try and pack in what I can and make notes for the next time. I hadn't given much thought to the potential language issues, until a friend asked if I was worried. Er, I wasn't until you mentioned it. I guess I figure I'll make it work; the cities are pretty safe and with my winning personality and research, I'll be fine. I'm more concerned about eating. I've been practicing with my trainer chopsticks; chicken and noodles and even egg rolls are easy, but I do not get how to eat rice, it takes forever. I might starve. I usually try to avoid McDonald's (and other American foods), but the McDonald's menu in Seoul looked kind of interesting.

Stay tuned and stay warm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All aboard to Marrakech

Flying Solo

Barcelona - the first two days