Ready or Not Minneapolis, Super Bowl LII is coming

Well, it's finally happening, Super Bowl LII is days away. I've been trying to capture some of the sights downtown. If you want to capture the whole atmosphere and you live where there is real winter, then just go outside. Otherwise, go into a walk-in freezer and you'll get the idea. There are a lot of activities happening in both Minneapolis and St. Paul, and I have not experienced most of them (I missed zip lining across the Mississippi River, damn it), but here are some snippets (if I brave the cold and get off my ass on Saturday, I will go to Minneapolis for one of the free concerts for my one of my faves, The Jayhawks, Stay tuned. Meanwhile, welcome to downtown Minneapolis:
A little skiing on Nicollet Mall


A virtual experience, near Orchestra Hall/Peavey Plaza

A free ice skating experience on Peavey Plaza (stop by Brits after for a beverage)

One of several ice sculptures, holding up nicely in the 8 degree weather



Snow carving

With love from Minnesota (although it could look like we're giving you the finger)

The Verizon stage. Notice the heaters to keep the performers toasty

View from the 34th floor, helicopter doing a survey of the city

Stadium entry #2 several blocks from the stadium


Get up early and enjoy the sunrise. They are a thing of beauty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All aboard to Marrakech

Flying Solo

Barcelona - the first two days